Are you STUPID busy?
That’s when you are so busy, that when you have a moment to catch up you’re so overwhelmed with everything that has to be done you just sit there looking stunned.
You ask yourself, “Where do I start first?”
This was me a few weeks ago, when I was finally given a few hours kid free to work my biz. I didn’t know where to start. I didn’t lack motivation. I wanted to work and wanted to get stuff done.
You probably want to get stuff done too. And no matter if you have kids or not we all find ourselves in OVERLY busy mode at some point in our lives. We have too many things to do and only one pair of hands.
- All the things you can do to be highly productive.
- Give time management tips.
- Coach you out of it.
- Work with you on your priorities.
But today all you need is a simple tip to get you started. One tool to use so you don’t feel overwhelmed by overwhelm.
Choose your top three business goals for the year and focus on them!
Why does this help?
Well, many times our “to do” list includes:
1. Other people’s goals. Feeling obligated to do things for others might mean when are spending more time building their business than our own.
2. Goals from other areas of life outside of our business. So suddenly we have to research recipes because we’re eating clean or declutter our closets when we really need to focus on the business.
3. Millions of tasks. Yes tasks must be accomplished, but at first seeing a million unrelated tasks on a daily list sets us up for failure. We really only need a few tasks underneath those main goals.
Stop the overwhelm! Pick those three things you want to accomplish in your business. Is it to build a website, develop your new product, write a book, build your team, or make a specific amount of profit? Then start there.
Let that guide you. Otherwise you’ll start to take on more “shiny objects”, over commit yourself to requests and opportunities and in general work your way back into the corner of overwhelm.
The point is to have that clear vision of the bigger picture of what you want to accomplish. Your mind will thank you. You’ll get more done. And you’ll feel clear minded and confident moving forward.
What three things are you focusing on this year for your business? Share with me below.
P.S. Let me know what other questions you have in accomplishing your goals or how I can help. I’m always here to answer your question and to provide tips and coaching tools to move you forward.