Last week I started to cover the three major mistakes people make on their path to a purpose filled life. Already forget the first one? No worries here is a recap of all three…
1. People don’t have clarity about their purpose (Click here to ready 1 of 3)
2. People assume purpose and career mean the same thing
3. People are unsure how ‘their life path’ involves purpose
This week I’m going to help you overcome stumbling Block #2 – Career and purpose don’t have to be married to each other.
Did you do last week’s challenge of scoring your resonance? If yes, pull it out and have a look for this week’s solution. Haven’t yet? No judgments here - we all get busy, but you can have a quick look by clicking here.
Bringing more of what you resonate with into your life can take the shape and form of anything.
Do you love crafts and wish you could be an art teacher, but you’re a stay at home mom?
- Be a Girl Guide Leader or teach at a local community center
- Offer to have an art class for your friends kids
- Start doing your own YouTube videos
- Make crafts and sell them on Etsy
Is your purpose to inspire others to be healthy and you work behind a desk?
- Start a running group
- Post about your healthy lifestyle on social media
- Invite friends to go hiking, biking or out into nature
- Cook healthful for your family
One year later I’m leading two groups a month with up to 35 women each time and have plans to expand it into more cities. If I had tried to force it into a job I would have been disappointed. If I had ignored it I would still be feeling the same lack of satisfaction.
This Week’s Challenge: LIVE ON PURPOSE
Think of what you love doing – what you resonate with. Forget how you could get paid for it. Brainstorm your own ways to bring more of it into your life. Then be sure to keep your eyes out next week for me next email that resolves mistake no.3 and explains how living your life path and purpose intertwine.