On Saturday March 8th people around the world celebrated International Women’s Day. This day has brought out my extreme gratitude that I can be more than just a woman. I can also be an entrepreneur, a boss, an employee, a voter, an inventor, a CEO, a politician , a famous Canadian, and all the while being a mother and wife.
I will always be a woman just like the women before me and here is my gratitude for having permission to be SO MUCH MORE!
1. Gratitude to those ahead of us that didn’t stand by and let women be considered less than equal.
2. Gratitude to those ladies who by their inventions proved women are brilliant.
3. Gratitude to those women who stepped into roles of power in the government to not only give women a voice, but to make an impact from the front lines.
4. Gratitude to those women who started their own companies and proved woman can run profitable businesses too!
5. Gratitude for those first women who stepped out of the home and went to work because they probably risked things in their own lives like their marriage and society’s belief in what a “good house wife” did.
BONUS: Gratitude to my Mom who constantly believes I can do whatever I set my mind to, that I have the gifts to achieve greatness and that as long as I do my best I can be proud.
Which of these did you agree with the most? I know 5 points of gratitude probably doesn’t cover them all – so comment below. I’d love to hear if you have gratitude for someone or something different.