Too often we let dreams hang in mid air. They never materialize because we are caught in a cycle of reaction. But when we make goals and make a tangible plan to achieve them, that boosts us into proactive mode and, wow, does that look and feel great!
Here’s how to break a goal down into a tangible and manageable plan to get you closer to where you want to be:
1. Pick one of your goals. Not something you already are working on or that you know will happen.) Choose something bigger.
2. Determine the first step, the second step and so on until there are no more steps
3. Figure out about how much time each step will take. (This is where you’ll have to be flexible down the road or need to buckle down.)
4. Write down when you’d like to achieve that goal.
5. Plan backwards and figure out the dates for each step.
6. Plug in each step into your calendar.
7. Block out the time to do each task and don’t compromise!
8. Celebrate each success!
If you had all of the time and money in the world what is the biggest goal you’d go for?