Ever felt guilty about taking a day off or a longer lunch break?
Entrepreneurs have the luxury of deciding on their own schedule, but so often these breaks end with feelings of regret and a whole lot of “shoulda’s” that cloud the mind. And what is most surprising is that they’ve probably already clocked 80 hours or skipped lunch most days.
The whole point of being your own boss is to be able to work when you want (not work all the time). But there is no reason to feel guilty to take a much deserved break if you are satisfied with the work that got done! So, I’m writing this post for three reasons:
Number 1: I hate to see women feeling guilty & saying “should of.”
Number 2: A lot of women I know struggle with getting things done.
Number 3: I know how to get things done (as a life & business coach it’s one of my favourite topics!)
I didn’t skydive from a plane without a checklist and a tank full of gas, and it’s not how I start my day either! Here are some tips on how to leap into yours too…
1. It has to be said: sleep well, eat well and be hydrated so you have the energy and focus to get into action.
2. Have a comfortable work space: only have office materials you need out and make sure you have enough space, light and room to work. Schedule clean up time outside of work time to make sure your space is how you need it for the next day.
3. Mentally prep: tell yourself some affirmations, listen to some music, or look at your vision board. If those seem outside of your normal habits just try them or ask yourself “what am I doing this for?”
4. Create a “to-do” list: preferably the night before or the morning of AND USE IT! Then you don’t spend time figuring out what you need to do.
5. Warm up: pick a small achievable task as a warm-up. This will start your day off with success.
6. Just leap: get started and the momentum will keep you going.
This should help you to get the right things done faster and fly through your day. I know when I can follow these tips I end my day with a sense of accomplishment. I didn’t waste time getting ready to start and I got a lot done.
Work smarter not longer or harder and then enjoy the break you deserve – guilt free!
P.S. I’d love to hear which of these tips worked for you or if you have your own tip please share.