- they ran out of time
- they were too scared to do it
- they remained in their comfort zone
- they let their limiting beliefs get the best of them
- and they’ll never get to share it with the world
People say, “Oh I’m going to do this… or I want to do that.” It’s not that they’re lying. They do probably really want to do it.
Then why haven’t they done it?
They’re not ready. YET.
By yet I mean that the day could come. They actually are ready to start whenever they choose. But right now they see obstacles:
- The overwhelming nature of the idea
- The lack of knowledge to make it happen
- All the money, time or energy they’ll need
- What they’ll have to give up to get it going
- And the big fear of it failing or the complete opposite – of it succeeding!
How do we know when we’re ready?
When every duck is lined up properly? Heck no! If we waited for that, it just wouldn’t happen. Something would always be out of sync. And really, even if you’re putting together a building, a multimillion-dollar business deal, or performing open-heart surgery you CAN and NEED to start at the beginning.
So how do you know when you’re ready?
When you choose to get an idea going. When you’re prepared to do something with it.
Yes, having a plan is best and that can be the first thing you create after you decide you’re ready. Until you decide you’re ready you’ll never give life to that idea or goal.
5 Steps to Get Your Butt Moving!
1. Decide that you’re ready to start. This is not figuring it all out. This is only saying, “Yes, I will start now.”
2. Tell others what you’re doing. That gives life to the idea. Also, it helps to keep you accountable especially if you arrange something with them to check in.
3. Schedule some time every week to work on it. If it’s not in your calendar it will get put off and other things will seem like they are more important. Even things like laundry and cleaning.
4. Figure out what you need to know. Write a list of the things you need to learn, do or decide on. Don’t freak out! It will be large!
5. Move on a small first step, then another and another. Lots of small steps makes it easier to do, less overwhelming and gives you a lot of celebration points. That will help you stay motivated and stop you from deciding you're not ready anymore.
I trust you'll now have all ideas (that are worth your time and energy) come to life.
Have a great idea or are you stuck getting started? Let’s chat. I offer free 30minute consultations. Click here to arrange yours.
P.S. If you’re ready to go on your idea and know you’d benefit from consistent support, accountability and coaching then check out my coaching services and programs. The newest is M.A.P. and it'll be starting this summer!